Our friendly handyperson can help you with a range of support at home whatever your age.
What can we help with?
- Painting/decorating ('refreshing rooms')
- Change taps/plumbing/fit sinks
- Electrics - change plugs/light fittings/light bulbs/fuses/repairs
- Carpentry - door hanging/hinges
- Repairing/refitting windows
- Fitting spy holes/door chains
- Loft clearance and decluttering
- Putting up shelves, hanging pictures/mirrors
- Fitting key safes and grab rails
- Replacing toilet seats
- Repairing curtain rails
- Moving furniture
- IT tuition at home, including use of email, internet and Microsoft Office.
Our handyperson carries Age UK Richmond ID and will have all the necessary tools to complete the job.
How much will it cost?
We offer a subsidised rate of £25 an hour plus materials for those over 65; registered disabled; eligible for support from social services due to a physical or sensory impairment; full time unpaid carers and those at risk of falls.
Our unsubsidised rate is £38 an hour plus materials.
We also have separate charges for fitting key safes, small jobs, painting & decorating and an extra charge for more advanced plumbing and electrical work.
We can accept payment by card, cash or cheque.
How do I book an appointment?
Please contact our Home Services team on 020 3326 9432 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a local charity we are always in need of donations and local support. If you would like to make a donation to this service please send your cheque (made payable to Age UK Richmond upon Thames) to Age UK Richmond upon Thames, Suite 301, Parkway House, Sheen Lane, East Sheen, London SW14 8LS or donations can be given to our handypersons when they visit.
Please note that this service is not an emergency service, but we will always help where we can.