Our handyperson service is designed to help keep adults of all ages living independently and safely at home, by delivering minor adaptions and repairs.
What can we help with?
- Change taps/plumbing/fit sinks
- Electrics - change plugs/light fittings/light bulbs/fuses/repairs
- Carpentry - door hanging/hinges
- Repairing/refitting windows
- Fitting spy holes/door chains
- Loft clearance and decluttering
- Putting up shelves, hanging pictures/mirrors
- Fitting key safes and grab rails
- Replacing toilet seats
- Repairing curtain rails
- Moving furniture
- Changing lighbulbs
- IT tuition at home, including use of email, internet and Microsoft Office.
Our handyperson carries Age UK Richmond ID and will have all the necessary tools to complete the job.
How much will it cost?
The service is open to all, but heavily subsidised for those over 65; registered disabled; eligible for support from social services due to physical or sensory impairment; full time unpaid carers; those at risk of falls; individuals recently discharged from hospital and individuals with a dementia diagnosis.
Some smaller jobs are free of charge, or we will charge for materials only. The subsidised rate for most other jobs is £25 an hour. See our Handyperson Service Guide for more information.
We can accept payment by card, cash or cheque.
How do I book an appointment?
Please contact our Home Services team on 020 3326 9432 or email us at email@example.com
As a local charity we are always in need of donations and local support. If you would like to make a donation to this service please send your cheque (made payable to Age UK Richmond upon Thames) to Age UK Richmond upon Thames, Suite 301, Parkway House, Sheen Lane, East Sheen, London SW14 8LS or donations can be given to our handypersons when they visit.