Age UK Richmond offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
Do you know which welfare benefits older people are entitled to in order to live a more independent and happier life? If you are over state pension age and living in Richmond upon Thames or would like to know on behalf of a family member, contact Welfare Benefits for advice.
We can offer home visits from one of our welfare benefits advisors if needed.
- Assess the situation, and ensure the correct benefits are being received.
- Visit at home if needed, or at a community location to suit.
- Follow benefits application through to award, to ensure the best possible chance of success.
- Look for other grants and financial support that may help.
- Offer advice and support you with Richmond Council's Fuel Grant Scheme application.
Even if you are already claiming benefits, you may be entitled to others - let us check.
You can use the Age UK online benefits checker as a starting point:
We would like to thank The Richmond Charities for supporting Age UK Richmond as one of their 11 local charities whom they assist with funding towards small welfare grants for older people in need. Read more about the work of The Richmond Charities here