What do Wellbeing Community Volunteers do?
As a Community Volunteer you will follow a Wellbeing Plan to support your client to join one of our Fitness and Friendship Clubs, or a similar structured activity if there is no Club in the area. This could be by sharing the journeys with the client, staying with them during the session and supporting them to meet new people.
The Wellbeing Programme is tailored to each client, so the length of weeks that support is required will vary from 1 week to 8 weeks. Support is offered for 1 session fortnightly, encompassing between 1 - 4 Fitness & Friendship sessions.
Where is this role available?
This is a community-based role.
When can I do this?
To do this role, you will need to be available on a weekday, generally Tues, Weds or Thurs, during the day. This role is not suitable if you are only available evenings and weekends.
What time commitment is expected?
A few hours a month for a variable duration of between 1 - 8 weeks per client by arrangement and depending on need. Accompanying someone to a Club session would take approximately 3 hours (up to 4 sessions).
What are the practical considerations?
- You must be over 18
- A DBS will be required
- Own transport is preferred
- Time to attend the initial training which is completed online during a weekday
- You will never drive a client to the venue or be expected to travel in a client's vehicle
- All clients are independently mobile so you are not required to push a wheelchair or assist with mobility
What you will get out of it
- It's a direct way to make a difference to someone's life
- Training to undertake your role
- You get to support a great cause, while giving something back to your community
- You get to be part of a wider, friendly team.
- Volunteers tell us it's fun, and you might make a new friend
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who:
- want to help older people and make a real impact on their lives
- have a warm and compassionate nature but are equally resourceful and practical
- are good at following detailed plans
- are happy to travel with a client to a venue/back home and stay with the client during the Club sessions
Apply for this role
To apply to be a Wellbeing Community Volunteer, please complete our volunteer application online.