INFORMATION & ADVICE OFFICER
Reporting to: Head of Community Services
Salary: £8,049 per annum for 15 hours (£18,781 FTE)
Hours of work: 15 hours a week to be worked over 3 days.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a developing team, offering information & advice to older people, carers and professionals, across Buckinghamshire.
Job purpose: To provide information and advice as appropriate, including signposting to other services / organisations, by telephone, email, virtual platform and face-to-face.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To answer and respond to queries coming into the organisation, logging each call on Charitylog, the Charity’s database and giving information and advice as appropriate.
- To explore the nature of the client enquiry and, where appropriate, the wider circumstances to gain as full an understanding as possible.
- To identify and research information relevant to the client’s situation, drawing on all relevant resources.
- To present and discuss information with the client on the most accessible format, to support them to identify a suitable solution or course of action.
- To signpost and/or refer to other services, both within and outside of Age UK Bucks
- Undertake administrative duties to support the work of the Information & Advice team and AUKB.
- To perform general clerical and office duties as necessary, including photocopying, franking post etc.
- To attend meetings, training sessions and support and supervision meetings as required
- Experience of providing information and advice by telephone, email and face-to-face
- Experience of supporting older people, in a paid or personal capacity
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to adapt communication as required
- Knowledge of health and social care systems
- Ability to prioritise tasks, remain calm under pressure and manage a varied workload
- Experience of inputting data onto databases and the ability to retrieve statistical information as required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent standards of literacy and numeracy
- Good organisational skills
- General administrative experience
- Commitment to the aims of the organisation
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality and Data Protection policies
- Awareness of health, safety and welfare of staff, volunteers and members of the public
- Familiarity with the policies and procedures of Age UK Buckinghamshire
This job description may change from time to time according to the needs of the organisation.
Please see job description for further information. If you wish to apply, please complete the application form attached.
Please send all completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org