Giving to Age UK Cambridgeshire & Peterborough in memory of your loved one is a meaningful way of honouring their life, and all they meant to the people who knew them. There are different ways to give to Age UK Cambridgeshire & Peterborough in memory of a loved one. We can help you choose the one that’s best for you
Ways to make your donation
Direct Bank Transfer
Age UK CAP, The Co-operative Bank,
Account No: 65793174
Sort Code: 08-92-99
Debit or credit card over the phone.
Via Give As You Live Donate- Scan the QR code and follow the instuctions
Creating an 'In Memory Page'
- Sign up for a Give As You Live Donate account.
- Go to create a fundraising page and choose the 'In Memory of' option.
- Choose Age UK Cambridgeshire & Peterborough as your Charity.
- Follow the instructions to create the page.
- Make sure you provide a link or QR code for the page so Family and Friends can easily donate
- You can also create a Memory Page through Just Giving.
Suggested wording ideas
Let the guests decide whether they want to give the donation as well as or instead of flowers:
- We/The family, kindly invite you to make a donation to Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough in memory of (name). This local charity (insert why e.g. provided superb support to (name) and us.) All donations will help them to continue their valuable work.
- We thank you for joining us at (name’s) funeral. We ask that if you wish to make a donation in memory of (name) for these to be made to Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- We are honouring (name) with a contribution to Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
To make it clearer that a donation would be preferred over flowers, consider:
- The family welcomes donations to Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough as an expression of sympathy instead of / in lieu of flowers. *
Add to any wording a personal note explaining charity choice, such as:
- This local charity (insert why e.g. provided superb support to (name) and us.) All donations will help them to continue their valuable work.
The funeral director can take the collection and then pay it to us by bank transfer or phone call to us, as above, but they should let us know that it is in memory of*** so we can send a thank you either to the next of kin, or to the funeral director to pass on to NOK.