Visiting Support Service
Operating in East Cambridgeshire, Fenland and Huntingdonshire**, we offer free extra support for over 65’s when you need it most; particularly when you are experiencing a difficult period, such as bereavement, ill health, financial worries or housing
** We are currently piloting a scheme in Peterborough **
We will work with you to access services and support networks
.We will listen to your thoughts and wishes and together we will plan the desired outcomes.
Our team will determine if the matters can be discussed over the telephone or if a home visit is more appropriate. You can also see our staff and volunteers in various venues at our Community Hubs.
- Assistance with forms and applications including welfare benefits, blue badges and grants etc
- Help with paperwork and liaising with third parties, organising bills and payments etc
- Assistance with housing choices, including care homes
- Adapting to changing needs, such as considering falls prevention equipment and aids
- Information about and/or referral to social groups and leisure activities
- Help to access a variety of services
- Support to access care provision
The service is availabe in Fenland, East Cambs and Huntingdonshire. If the service is not delivered in your area please contact Information and Advice service on 0300 666 9860 and we can advise you what is available in your location.
For more information please call Visiting Support Service for Older People on 01354 776 110 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please call our helpline 0300 666 9860 between 9am-3pm Monday to Friday, calls made outside these hours will be transferred to our Age UK National Helpline
For Huntingdonshire, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire – this service is provided by Age UK 01354 776110
For Peterborough - this service is provided by Age UK for a pilot period, call 01354 776110
For South Cambs - service provided by SCDC - the number is 0345 045 0501
For Cambridge City – service provided by Cambridge City Council - the number is 01223 457199
Upcoming Community Hub dates and venues for 2021:
New Community Hub dates will be announced once venues reopen
Visiting Support Service for Older People
Fore more information on Visiting Support Service for Older People Service and all other services please download our leaflet