Campaign with us so together we can influence change for local older people.
We speak up for local older people on the issues that matter most
As the premier charity for older people in Cheshire East, we feel that it is vitally important that we stand up for the interests of older people and promote awareness of key issues which impact on our community in later life.
How do we do this?
We promote the interests of older people in a number of ways.
- We meet with and lobby local key decision makers to ensure that the interests of older people are reflected in decisions made
- We raise awareness of key issues, such as loneliness, social isolation, ageism and dementia
- We promote positive images of later life
- We actively campaign on the big issues in partnership with the national charity, Age UK
- We respond to these concerns through bespoke services to match local need
Our Scams Awareness Project Manager, Sally, meeting with David Rutley, MP for Macclesfield
Current key campaigning issues
One of the main ways we campaign and influence key decision makers is by working closely with our colleagues at Age UK. Age UK have a dedciated team who actively campaign and influence on the big issues, whilst providing us with the resources to undertake lobbying at the local level. You can find out more about the current issues by clicking on the link below