Age UK Norfolk's Advocacy Service provides independent advocates to help older people speak up for themselves. We support older people to assert their rights when decisions need to be made to affect their lives.
What do we do?
- We will provide an advocacy service that is free of charge and confidential
- We will help you to find information and discover what your options might be and discuss these with you
- We will respect your point of view and ensure that we represent your views
- We will take time to listen to you and discover your views and wishes
- We will work with you and help you to tackle your problems
- We will not discuss your circumstance with anyone else without your consent
How can you use our service?
You can contact us yourself or a referral can be made by a relative, friend or carer. We also accept referrals by health and social care professionals, voluntary agencies, statutory agencies etc.
If you are referring another person to the service, it is essential that you have their permission to do so.
Can you spare a few hours a week to become a volunteer advocate? Please contact us on 01603 785241 to find out more about our volunteering opportunities or visit our volunteering page.
Download our Advocacy leaflet (PDF)