We use cookies to give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our policy. how we use cookies and find out how you can change your browser’s cookie settings
Skip to content

Later Life Training
Providing specialist. Evidence based, effective exercise training for health and exercise professionals working with older people, frailer older people and stroke survivors.

Royal National institute of Blind People is one of the UK's leading sight loss charities and the largest community of blind and partially sighted people.

Alzheimer's Society
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia charity. They campaign for change, fund research to find a cure and support people living with dementia today. 

Care Directions
The internet's unique guide to care and the rights of older people.

Care UK
The UK's largest independent provider of health and social care. Has lots of support for people such as locations for care homes and support.

Disability Information and Advice Line (DIAL) UK
A national network of local advice centers for persons with disabilities. 

50 Connect
A website designed for people over the age of fifty and provides lots of relevant advice and relevant articles.

Listening Books
Provides a postal and internet based audio service to over 50'000 members who find it difficult to read the printed words in a usual way. 

Mental Health.org
A website dedicated to helping people with mental illness and helping them with coping with it.

U3A (The University of the Third Age) - is a UK-wide movement which brings together people in their "third age" to develop their interests and continue their learning in a friendly and informal environment.
https://www.u3a.org.uk/ for the national site and http://settledistrictu3a.org/ for the Settle and District site.

Settle Townhead Surgery
The Townhead Surgery is the local doctors in Settle.

Bentham Medical Practice
The Bentham Doctors survery

Settle Strollers
Settle Strollers provides easy and gentle walks to help you exercise for between 30-90 minutes.

Settle Town Council

Craven District Council

North Yorkshire County Council

Anley Hall Nursing Home
Anley Hall is a care home that caters for all medical conditions.

Settle Victoria Hall
Settle Victoria Hall is a beautiful Victorian Music Hall offering drama, comedy and music, along with workshops, community events and indoor markets.

Settle Friends Quaker Meeting House

Skipton and Craven Action for Disability (SCAD)
SCAD provides a variety of different transport services such as wheelchair accessible transport and wheelchair hire.

Citizens Advice Bureau
Advice can be given face to face or by telephone and email. Home visits can be arranged from either the home bureau in Skipton or Settle Health Centre. The bureau offers a debt management service as well as assistance with bankruptcy forms.

Dementia Forward
The leading dementia charity for York and North Yorkshire, providing support, advice and information to anybody affected by dementia across the county. 

Pioneer Projects
A specialist creative arts and health charity based in Bentham.

Transport Bus Routes
Bus Routes that go towards Ingleton and Skipton.

Demand Responsive Service –DR06 North Craven Village Bus
Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 14:30 Door to door service.

Priority Services Registers
Would you need extra help in the event of a disruption to any of your utilities, for example, a power or gas cut, or interruption to your water supply? The Priority Services Register is a free support service to help people in vulnerable situations. Energy suppliers and network operators offer it. Each keeps their own register. Details for some network operators in our local area are below:
Electricity North West - call 0800 195 4141, email customerwelfareteam@enwl.co.uk or go to www.enwl.co.uk/priority
Northern Gas Networks - call 0800 040 7766, email customercare@northerngas.co.uk or go to www.northerngasnetworks.co.uk/network-supply/priority-customers/
Yorkshire Water - call 0800 1 38 78 78 or go to www.yorkshirewater.com/bill-account/priority-services-register/

Or, you can contact your utility supplier direct and they can check your eligibility and get you registered.