Could you change lives by simply cleaning out your wardrobe or emptying your garage of that unused piece of furniture?
Due to the overwhelming generosity of the general public, we are no longer able to accept donations to our West Bridgford Shop. We will be able to accept donations again from the 25th of June. The shop is still open for browsing and purchasing. Thank you all for your continued support!
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up is a bestselling book about decluttering your home, but did you know that decluttering your home really can change lives, and we don't just mean your own?
By donating the things that you no longer use or want to Age UK Notts' Charity Shops, you can help us continue our work supporting the older people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Our shops raise vital funds to support services such as information & advice, and visiting & befriending. These services and others provided by Age UK Notts help tens of thousands of older people every year!
And, that is all made possible by donations like yours. Just one bag of clothes could generate around £20!
So, why not have a go at decluttering and make your home more beautiful, and a local older person's life better?
What donations can you accept?
Our West Bridgford shop can accept the following:
- Good quality, clean clothing and shoes (including vintage and retro items)
- Bags and accessories
- Jewellery, watches and valuables
- Books, toys and games
- Homewares, such as china, kitchenware, ornaments, pictures and collectables
- Soft furnishings, such as small rugs, linen and curtains (must be clean and in good condition)
- Knitted items and blankets
- Small furniture
- Small electrical items
Our Mansfield Shop can accept the following:
- Electrical items
- Jewellery and watches
- Books, toys and games
- Exercise equipment
- Soft Furnishings e,g, rugs, cushions etc.
- Furniture, including suites, beds, bedroom and lounge furniture, dining sets. (Suites and beds must carry a fire label)
- Disability living equipment, including scooters, power chairs, wheelchairs, canes, daily living aids.
What donations can't you accept?
Unfortunately, neither shop can accept:
- Toys without a CE label
- IT equipment
- Medical equipment
- White goods e.g. cookers, washing machines etc.
- Suites and beds without fire labels
- Other miscellaneous items because of safety and legal reasons.
But, if in doubt, please ask the shop before donating.
Can Age UK Notts collect my donation from my home?
If you are unable to bring your donation in to the shop, we may be able to arrange collection on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact the relevant shop to make arrangements:
West Bridgford (for general items): 0115 982 6008
Mansfield (for furniture): 01623 488 209
I donated an item by mistake, can I get it back?
We will do our best to return to you any items you have donated by mistake. Ring the relevant shop for advice.