We can help with those difficult jobs around your home
Our Help Around The Home service is designed to assist older people in south east Hampshire who may need a little extra help and support to maintain their independence at home.
We have a team of Supporters ready to help you with your domestic chores and shopping, as well as offering companionship and assistance with day-to-day living, both inside and outside the home – all you have to do is give us a ring.
Services we can offer you
- Domestic chores such as vacuuming, mopping and dusting – priority is given to hygiene and safety areas, such as bathrooms, toilets and kitchen
- Doing your laundry, ironing and putting away clothes
- Bed-making and changing bedding
- Food shopping from your nearest local shop
- Accompanying you on shopping trips
- Cleaning your fridge and checking ‘use by’ dates on food
- Cleaning cupboards and interior windows
- Help with correspondence – letter writing, paying bills and organising paperwork
- Pension and prescription collection services
- Taking you out to visit friends and family
- Accompanying you to social events or doctor’s appointments
- Spring cleaning service
- Support for a planned return home from hospital – house cleaning and preparation, shopping, short-term help while recovering
How the service works
One of our assessors will visit you in your home to discuss the service and to understand your requirements. Once it has been agreed that our service is right for you one of our Supporters will be allocated to you and they will support you as per your needs. We try to ensure that you have the same Supporter each week although this may not always be possible.
All of our Supporters have excellent references and have been checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service. We will regularly monitor the work carried out to ensure that you are happy with our service.
What does the Help Around The Home service cost?
The charge for our service is £18.75 per hour. We ask you to sign your Supporter’s timesheet after each visit to verify that the work has been carried out to your satisfaction.
If you know that you will be out on the day when your Supporter is due to visit, you will need to contact us on 023 9229 1999 to give at least 24 hours’ notice to cancel the service otherwise you will still be charged for the Supporter’s visit (except in the case of emergencies).
Each month we will send you an invoice for the total number of hours’ work you have received. We will ask you to set up a direct debit to pay your invoices as this helps to keep our administration costs as low as possible.
Income received from our paid-for services contributes to funding our free charitable services, such as Befriending and Information & Advice, which help to support vulnerable older people in your area.
Spring cleaning service
For our spring cleaning service we will work for an agreed number of hours depending on the size of your property and the amount of cleaning required. This service costs £30.00 per hour for each Supporter.
How to contact us
For further information please ring our Help Around The Home team on 023 9229 1999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.