Age UK Portsmouth is a great place to work. Could you bring your skills to our team? See our latest job vacancies below.
Working for Age UK Portsmouth
Age UK Portsmouth is an independent charity offering a range of services, activities, events, befriending and information for the older people of Portsmouth and the surrounding area. It's a great place to work if you really want to make a difference in people's lives.
Age UK Portsmouth is committed to being an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace.
For all roles, unless otherwise indicated, please complete the Application Form and Conviction Declaration below and return them to:
Age UK Portsmouth
The Bradbury Centre
16-18 Kingston Road
Portsmouth PO1 5RZ
For further information you can email us at email@example.com or phone us on 023 9286 2121.
If there are no current vacancies listed below, please take a look at the other ways you can get involved with us.
Contract type: 1 year fixed term
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 pro-rata, per annum (Dependent on proven experience)
Hours: 22.5 per week
Based at: The Bradbury Centre, Kingston Road, Portsmouth
Make a difference to the lives of people in Portsmouth and the surrounding areas by providing information and advice whilst supporting the effective and efficient operation of Age UK Portsmouth's enquiries services.
Purpose of the job
Age UK Portsmouth provide free, independent and confidential information and advice on a wide range of issues including welfare benefits and entitlements, housing choices, blue badge applications, health and social care, leisure and social activities and staying independent at home.
The Enquiries Coordinator will provide information and advice to individuals, including veterans and their wider families, using person-centred support to ensure connections with appropriate services in-house, or suitably referred onwards.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide accurate, comprehensive, impartial, timely and relevant information and advice to all enquires in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Independently conduct home visits for people who are house-bound and are unable to travel to the Bradbury Centre.
- Keep extensive records and continuously update our Client Record Management system, CharityLog, with all relevant content sources, actions, appointments and referrals; scanning hard copy correspondence and attaching it to appropriate service user details i.e. from telephone calls, emails and postal data.
- Engage with and supervise volunteers and take responsibility for monitoring and managing volunteer caseloads, ensuring that work is purposeful, targets are clear, caseloads are manageable.
- Conduct and record interactions at regular presentations and outreach sessions, event attendance, referrals and follow-up contact throughout Portsmouth and surrounding local areas, so own transport is essential.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 21 October 2019
Interviews to be held on 24 and 28 October 2019.
Download the Job Description (Word document)
An Application Form can be downloaded below.