Age UK Portsmouth are a local charity working in the community to support older people, their families and carers. We want everyone to be able to love later life.
Age UK Portsmouth has been caring for vulnerable and isolated older people in Portsmouth and the local area for over 80 years.
We are an independent, local registered charity, responsible for our own funding and services, and a brand partner of the national Age UK organisation.
Our mission is 'To help adults in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire enjoy a better quality of life, with a specific focus on all aspects of getting older.'
We have regularly responded to an ever-changing environment, including anticipated changes in commissioning, social care, society and not least, the changing expectations of older people.
- We regularly assist older people in claiming over £1.3 million in unclaimed benefits that help them to become more financially secure.
- Our Help Around the Home service completed 28,410 hours with over 21,294 appointments to support people with the household chores they can no longer manage alone.
- Our Portsmouth Support At Home service completed 1,786 hours with over 992 appointments for people being discharged from hospital who needed a little help to remain independent in their own homes and free up much-needed hospital beds.
- Our Gardening Team completed 950 hours over 613 appointments, ensuring that older people’s gardens were tidied to prevent trips and falls. Tidy gardens also help to prevent people from being scammed by bogus callers.
- We are being recognised for the fantastic work we are undertaking with isolated Veterans, bringing together and supporting 195 people in the first year of our Joining Forces project.
- Our Living Well Service overachieved its targets through supporting 540 older people to improve their health and wellbeing.
The scale of success in meeting our objectives and achievements cannot take place without the dedication and commitment of our staff and volunteers. Going forward we will continue to demonstrate the same drive and commitment in responding effectively to an ageing society.
Where to find us and how to get in touch with Age UK Portsmouth.
Let us know what you think of the services we offer and what else we could do to keep on improving later life.
Keep up to date with the latest news and events from Age UK Portsmouth.
Age UK Portsmouth is proud to have achieved the Age UK Charity Quality Standard (CQS). The CQS is externally assessed by quality assessment experts, SGS.
The Board of Trustees provides overall governance and approves the strategic direction for the charity.
Alan Knight MBE provides a helping hand in promoting and supporting our activities and services.