Our Shopping Service aims to support those people who are still struggling to do their own shopping, have no one else nearby to help or cannot do an online shop
How does the Service work?
- Once registered to the service, one of our team with telephone you to take your shopping order.
- We will send your shopping list to a volunteer Shopping Buddy within 2 or 3 working days.
- They will buy and then bring the shopping to your door step, and they will leave the receipt in your shopping bag.
- No cash will be exchanged with the volunteer - we will call you within a few days to take payment via debit or credit card over the telephone. In special circumstances we can take a cheque for payment.
- Social distancing and Covid-safe measures will be followed
- Shopping can be done every week, every 2 weeks, or on an ad hoc basis.
Is there a cost involved?
We make a charge of £2 per shop, which will be added to your shopping bill when we call to collect your payment
How to access the service
Contact our Community Services Manager, Emma Levine by telephoning 0208 558 5512 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Maria Lin Kim on Unsplash