Home Falls Prevention Service
- Location: Age UK Birmingham
- Price: Costs may vary
Age UK Birmingham
Stratford House, Stratford Place
The service leaflet and referral form can be downloaded from the bottom of the page.
Our Home Falls Prevention Service supports older people to reduce the risks of a fall at home by fitting equipment and making minor changes around the house.
What kind of jobs do we do?
• Fit a key safe.
• Move & assemble furniture.
• Fix toilet seats.
• Complete small carpentry jobs.
• Fit grab and stair rails.
• Carry out security checks.
• Change light bulbs.
• Secure loose carpets/rugs.
• Provide non-slip bathmats.
• Free Energy Checks (draught proofing and energy saving equipment).
Excluded maintenance jobs:
* • We are unable to carry general DIY jobs.
• Work can only be carried out that will reduce the risk of falls.
• The team cannot carry out any complex plumbing or repair/install gas and electrical appliances.
Are you eligible?
The service and equipment are funded by the CCG and provided free of charge.
Please see details of eligibility below:
• You must be aged over 50 (and adults over 18 living with a life limiting disability)
• Be registered with a participating GP
• Be vulnerable to falls due to health, security, or safety
• Priority given to people unable to leave hospital until home is made safe for them to return to.
To find out more about our Home Falls Prevention Service, please
Call us on 0121 437 0033 ext 1501
Email us at email@example.com
Complete the referral form
Home Falls Prevention Referral Form
If you'd like support through our Falls Home Prevention Service, then please complete the referral form. For help or assistance completeing the form, please call 0121 437 0033.
Download the poster about the service!