Skip to content

Couple on a beach

Age UK Bradford District is committed to being there for older people who need us. If you decide to leave a gift in your will to us, you will be supporting us to make life better for older people in Bradford District.

Every single gift  is vital to Age UK Bradford District and we appreciate any gift you may choose to leave us after taking care of your family and friends. Whatever the value of your gift, it will go a long way to help someone who needs us.

Legacy income is essential to our work and is major source of our fundraising, and could help us:

  • Deliver information and advice to older people about their welfare and benefit rights
  • Support a lonely older person to access their community or receive 1:1 support from a volunteer 
  • Set up and support community groups and day services

Legacies are crucial part of our income and allow us to offer even more support to older people. Every contribution to Age UK Bradford District is supporting the future of our organisation. Your legacy doesn't have to be a large sum to make a difference. Donations left in wills are a vital part of our voluntary income, and in the coming years the need for our services is set to rise dramatically.

How to leave a gift in your will

Having a will and keeping it up-to-date helps ensure that your wishes can be respected and your property and assets benefit people and causes you really care about. We would always recommend that you speak to a qualified professional such as a solicitor, when making or amending your will.

Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the required wording to carry out your wishes. If you wish to leave a gift to Age UK Bradford District in your will, all you need is our charity details below:

Age UK Bradford District, 75 Wrose Road, Wrose, Shipley, Bradford, BD18 1HX 
and our Registered Charity Number 1025961

If you already have a will

If you already have a will and you want to include a gift to Age UK Bradford District in it, there may not be a need to rewrite it. You can ask a qualified professional such as a solicitor to add an amendment (called a codicil). As a general rule, if the change you wish to make is quite small or simple, you can use a codicil, and if the change is more significant or complex you should make a new will.

What kind of gift can I leave to Age UK Bradford District?

You can leave a specific sum of money or an item such as jewellery or a piece of art. Or you can leave a share in, or all of, what's left of the value of your estate after family and friends have been taken care of. The advantage of leaving a share (also known as residuary gift) is that it remains the same over time, and you won't need to change your will to keep up with inflation.

Contact us to find out more

If you are interested in leaving a gift in your will and want more information, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to talk to you further.