We are looking for new volunteers to help in our work with older people in the area.
Call us on 01274 391 190 or email at email@example.com
Here at Age UK Bradford District we have three categories of volunteering
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, and support the work we do in the community.
There are many different reasons that people choose to give their time, here are some of the many reasons our current volunteers have told us they love volunteering:
- To give something back to the community and make a difference
- To improve the quality of life for local older people
- To do something positive for others
- To make new friends and build new relationships
- To develop new skills and transfer your own knowledge to support others
- To complete actual and on the job training
- To enhance your CV or gain a reference
- To have fun!
Read some of the comments our brilliant team of volunteers made about their work supporting older people in Bradford District during the Coronavirus crisis, highlighting the range of things you can get out of volunteering.
Who can volunteer?
Almost anyone can be a volunteer. We have a wide range of roles which suit different people and different skills.
New opportunities are always arising, from one-off support for events to regular weekly volunteering roles.
How much time do I need to give?
It depends on the volunteer role you are interested in. Some people give an hour a week, other people do more.