Our Information & Advice service holds the Advice Quality Standard (AQS). The AQS is the quality mark for organisations that provide advice to the public on social welfare issues. Organisations that hold the standard have demonstrated that they are easily accessible, effectively managed, and employ staff with the skills and knowledge to meet the needs of their clients, for more information, please visit the AQS website.
We can help you with:
- Health and social care
- Leisure and social activities
- Family and personal matters
- Your rights to local services
- And most other things that affect your quality of life
We will always give you information that is accurate and up-to-date, and can explain the choices you have open to you. If you want us to, we may be able to take action on your behalf.
If we can't help, we can put you in touch with people who can.
How we work
- We will not charge you for our service – its free
- We will not tell anyone about your business without your permission
- You can talk to us in private
- We will not make judgements about your life and what you want to do
The information and advice provision is available across the Bradford district.
How to access the service
For any information or advice enquiries you can contact us on our telephone number or email address detailed below.
Unfortunately we are not doing home or base visits due to the restrictions regarding Coronavirus, however we provide information and support with telephone appointments.
Tel: 01274 391190
(please don't leave a message if calling outside of office hours)
Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 3.00pm
Age UK Bradford District
75 Wrose Road