What is Slip into Slippers?
Slip into Slippers is an Autumn Campaign where we are asking everyone, including schools, businesses and clubs, to get involved and wear their comfy slippers for a day (or period of time) on 4th of October (or a day of choice/convenience) in return for a £1 donation to Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. We wish to create a special local date, based upon United Nations International Day of Older Persons which is held annually on 1st October, for our communities to come together and celebrate the privilege of aging. An opportunity to:
- reflect and challenge outdated stereotypes and negative attitudes towards older people
- acknowledge and respect the contribution older people have made and continue to make in our communities
- value all generations and demonstrate consideration and kindness across all generations
- support the work of our charity, raising vital funds to enable us to continue our help to local older people
- Above all - to have a comfy footwear day and perhaps a bit of fun!
On this day, with your help, Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough can highlight the needs of older people and also raise vital funds to support our services, in which we strive to meet some of those needs. Our range of services support older people to live independently and safely in their own home, which is where most people wish to be as they grow older and we provide opportunties to take part in social activities and meet friends. Loneliness is a growing concern particularly in older age and has a significant impact on health and wellbeing.
We are all aging, help us to create the environment and support services you would like to receive.
How to get involved?
- Appoint a volunteer/spokesperson to co-ordinate and liaise with us.
- Let us know you are participating – we will help in any way we can. Please email email@example.com - Subject matter: Slip into Slippers or complete the Supporters Pledge Form in the documents download below.
- Publicise date via your notice boards, email, poster (this can be downloaded below).
- Allow participants to wear their slippers and ask for a £1 donation on the day(s).
- Collect donations, consider setting up a supporters page at our Virgin Money Giving page. This will also provide Gift Aid on donations to increase the fundraising.
- Take photos and post to social media using hashtag #SlipintoSlippers and tag @ageukcap - be sure to tag us on facebook, twitter and Linked In @ageukcap.
- Enjoy wearing your slippers!
- Collect donations and send cheque payable to Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Finance Dept., The Lindens, 86 Lincoln Road, Peterborough, PE1 2 SN. Or Bank Transfer via bacs to: The Co-operative Bank, Account No: 65793174, Sort Code: 08-92-99
- Tell us about your event, share details of what you did with us. Complete Share Your Success form (below) and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Reference - Subject matter: Slip into Slippers or post to: Age UK CAP, 2 Victoria Street, Chatteris, Cambs, PE16 6AP
- Send us the link to your website.
THANK YOU - YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED