Our quality assured Information & Advice Team are here for you to:
- Help you explore your rights, entitlements or access to other benefits.
- Support you to arrange lasting Powers of Attorney (Please note that the Information & Advice is free, however our assistance to set it up would be a chargeable service).
- Provide training in a range of Computer Skills - from online grocery shopping to skyping their friends a family, information on staying safe online to scam awareness.
- Provide information on Community Care and Health Services - information and advice on statutory and non-statutory Social Care Services and equipment, payments for care and support at home or residential care.
- Share information on Leisure and Social Activities across the county.
- Provide information on housing - including details on housing options, possible adaptations to help you remain independent in your own home and how to help with heating costs.
- Be aware of Scam Awareness, Elder Abuse and Dementia Support
If you need help with any other enquiry that is not listed above, our team have the experience and knowledge to help you get access to the information and advice you need. Our team are here if you need us, so please don't hesitate to contact us.
Free booklets and online information
Age UK (the national charity) produces free information guides and factsheets on a wide range of topics, including home adaptations, dementia, and advice for carers. You can find a complete list of guides and factsheets on the Age UK national website.
Benefits surgeries - face to face appointments
If you would like to see us face to face, please contact our partner organisation and book a free 30 minutes appointment. Please remember to bring information about your household income and savings, if you would like us to advise on your benefits eligibility.
Hatfield - Last Tuesday each month, HILS, Friendship House, 12 Wellfield Close, Hatfield, AL10 0BU, 07709 903 235 FriendshipHouse@hertsindependentliving.org
Bishop Stortford - Last Wednesday each month, AC BS, Apton Centre 22A Apton Road, Bishop's Stortford CM23 3SN, 01279 504748, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and Advice:
Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm
- Tel. 0300 345 3446
- Email. email@example.com
Become a Information & Advice Volunteer
If you would like to join us and volunteer for our Information & Advice team, visit our volunteers page for further details.
Age UK Information & Advice Quality Standard
The Age UK Information and Advice Quality Programme (IAQP) shows that we offer a quality assured service. It demonstrates our commitment to providing consistent, relevant and effective advice; to customer care, and that our service has clear and relevant procedures in place to manage the delivery of good quality information and advice to clients.