Digital Support Service
- Location: Age UK Lancashire
- Price: Free
Age UK Lancashire
The world has move rapidly over the past 3 years, particularly online and we at Age UK Lancashire are passionate about getting older people online and more digitally confident. We host a range of FREE services across Lancashire, all delivered by our Digital Inclusion team.
Where do we provide Digital Support Services?
Our team will support patients remotely or 1:1 across Lancashire which means this service can be delivered in the comfort of your own home or at a group digital skills session.
Who are the Services available for?
Our Digital Support Services are available for older people aged 50+ that are living with long-term conditions to help self-manage through digital channels.
Take a look at our Services below.
Our Digital Inclusion Service
The aim of the service is to reduce digital exclusion by making sure that everyone has opportunities to use technology and get on online.
We can provide support with:
• Mobile Phones
• Alexa & Smart TVs
We aim to help you get online so that you can access:
• Online Shopping
• Social Media
• Connect with your family
We have a small number of tablets available for use on a loan basis for those who want to “try before they buy” or who have a low income and are unable to afford their own.
By getting connected you can open new opportunities for yourself, so we encourage all recipients of equipment to sign up to the Learn My Way. This site offers simple step by step information on how to use all aspects of the internet, social media, applications, and online security. Click here to sign up!
Our Digital Health Support
The aim of this service is to offer digital coaching sessions on how you can access health, and wellbeing support through technology before and after your surgery.
Digital services can help you to prepare for your surgery:
• Self-Manage your health and wellbeing through digital channels
• Stay as fit a possible while waiting for your treatment
• Find extra support online
• Find out quickly if your condition deteriorates
• Find out more about your condition and best ways to manage while wait surgery.
Digital tools can help with your recovery after surgery:
• If you are concerned about the impacts of your surgery
• If you get confused about the recovery process
• If you feel isolated while recovering from surgery
• Access the many digital services/apps that can help you with recovery.
Our trained Digital Navigators will support people to access digital services:
• Virtual Consultations
• NHS App
• Manage Appointments
• Online Health apps
• Health & Wellbeing Websites
• Other tools (shopping, banking, etc.)
Make an online Enquiry
Click here to contact us using our online enquiry form.