Please consider donating your unwanted or unneeded items to us and help us to raise vital funds to support older people in the local community.
Our 25 charity shops across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland sell good quality, pre-loved items at affordable prices and raise much needed funds in the process. If you have domestic items which you no longer need or use, please consider donating them at one of our shops or resource centres.
What kinds of item can I donate?
- Clothing, shoes, and accessories such as belts, scarves, handbags, and gloves
- Books, DVDs, vinyl, and CDs
- Household items such as bed linen, cookware, crockery, glassware, cutlery, and ornaments
- Furniture including shelving, beds, desks, sofas, wardrobes, tables, chairs,
- Occasionwear (dinner suits, cocktail dresses, ball gowns, wedding dresses, bridesmaid and pageboy outfits)
- Small electricals in good and working condition
- Large electricals and white goods (may be taken at some of our larger stores, please enquire for more details)
For health and safety reasons we CANNOT accept donations of:
- Food items
- Upholstered furniture without the manufacturer’s fire safety regulation labelling.
Where can I donate?
Your donations are vital to our shops and we are grateful for them. Please donate your items at your nearest Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland shop during opening hours, please do not leave donations outside the shops.
Can I donate larger items of furniture?
We also undertake house clearances.