Paying tribute to the life of a loved one by making a donation in memory is a positive way to help make their memory last and to support our work.
Friends and families may celebrate the life of a loved one by making a donation at their funeral or memorial service. It can also be a great comfort at a time of loss to remember someone close to you in such a meaningful way. A gift given in their memory, to a cause that was dear to their heart can often help to bring consolation at a time of grief. A donation in memory of someone special can be made in lieu of, or as well as flowers at a funeral. It's really up to you.
We are always particularly grateful to you for thinking of Age UK Notts at such a sensitive time and for considering donating in such a special way. Your gift can help the memory of a loved one live on by funding the vital work we do with older people.
If you are a funeral director or family member making funeral arrangements and would like to support Age UK Notts at the services, you can do so in many different ways:
Donate by post: cheque, postal order, credit or debit card
If you would like to donate by post, you can enclose your cheque or postal order with our Donate in Memory Form or fill in your relevant card details on the form.
Alternatively, you can just send us a cheque made payable to 'Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire' with your name, address and contact number as well as the name of the person your gift is remembering to (you can help us save money by using a stamp, please omit the Freepost line in the address):
FREEPOST License No. RSXB-LZBY-TCSS
Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire
16-18 Bridgeway Centre, Nottingham, NG2 2JD
You can also make donation online with JustGiving. But if you do, please email email@example.com confirming the name of the person your gift is remembering, as well as your name, address, contact details and the details of your gift. This will ensure that we can acknowledge your donation in the most appropriate manner.
Set up a tribute or in memory fund online
A tribute or in memory fund can help you celebrate the life of your loved one and keep their memory alive by supporting vulnerable older people in their name.
Contributions can be made through donations received at memorial services and funerals or any fundraising activity. All money raised in memory will create a truly lasting tribute that will ensure disadvantage older people can access our services when they need it most.
How can I set up an online in memory fund?
Visit our in memory fundraising page with MyDonate and you will be guided through 6 simple steps to setting up and creating a personal tribute to a loved one with photos, videos, stories, links and even your blog or Twitter feed.
How in memory fund with MyDonate works: 6 easy steps
Step 1: Create your in memory event for your loved one
- Provide details of your online in memory fund e.g. the person you're remembering, address of the funeral or memorial service, etc.
Step 2: Search for a charity - Age UK Notts
- To nominate Age UK Notts as the charity of your choice, enter 'age uk notts' into the search box
Step 3: Select a charity - Age UK Notts
- To select Age UK Notts, click 'Select' on the search results that shows Age UK Notts
- N.B. The full name of our charity is 'Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire' and our registered charity number is '1067881'. Please ensure that you make the right selection so that we'll be able to receive the money you've raised for us
Step 4: Your charity and you
- Provide details about your in memory fundraising
- N.B. Your chosen charity should read Age UK Notts at the top of the screen i.e. 'You have chosen to fundraise for Age UK Notts'
Step 5: Log in or register with MyDonate
- To login: Enter your email address and password
- To register: Follow the step-by-step guide to register with MyDonate
Step 6: Create and personalise your in memory page
- Make your page as unique as you are, so customise it by adding your own photos, videos, wording, links and even your blog or Twitter feed
- Spread the words by telling your friends and family about your in memory page
Why set up an online in memory fund?
Creating an online in memory fund allows you to:
- Create a personal and lasting tribute with photos, videos and stories
- Provide details of funeral or memorial services
- Collect donations for Age UK Notts in lieu of, or as well as flowers
- Share your page via email, blog, mobile and social media e.g. Facebook and Twitter
How can I make the most of an online in memory fund?
Once you have set up an online in memory fund, there are so many ways you can share it with friends and family and collect donations to help vulnerable older people in your local community.
Here is how you can make the most out of your page:
- Share your page via email, mobile and social media
- Use the tools in your MyDonate page to let your friends and family know that you've created an in memory fund online. Share your page with your email contacts, Facebook friends and Twitter followers. Accept donations at funeral service
- Provide details about the funeral or memorial service on your page and ask family and friends to make donations in lieu of, or as well as flowers. Include your online in memory fund web address in the newspaper annoucement or on the order of service at the funeral. Collect donations from your own fundraising event
- From a pub quiz to a fancy dress party, you can organise your own fundraising activity and ask guests to donate to your in memory fundraising page. Add offline donations to your total
- For those who prefer to donate by cash or cheque, you can add money collected online to your in memory fund fundraising page total.
Make your donation go further
With Gift Aid, your donation can be worth even more!