Published on 02 December 2020 09:30 AM
Information about Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin’s services and the steps we are taking to support local older people during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please be aware that due to the current coronavirus pandemic, Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin have had to postpone or suspend some of our services. We apologise for any inconvenience or distress that this may be causing.
While our buildings may be closed and our resources may be stretched we are still here to help. Currently the availability of our services is as follows:
- Information and advice: all our offices are closed to visitors, but if you call 01743 233 123 and leave a message with your name and telephone number, a member of our team will contact you as soon as they are able. Alternatively, you can email your message to email@example.com
- Charity shop: our furniture charity shop in Wellington is open with with covid-secure arrangements in place.
- Community navigation: our community navigation staff are still working with their relevant GP practices.
- Day centres: we are contacting existing members regularly by telephone. We are not currently taking new referrals.
- Dementia support: we are contacting existing members regularly by telephone. We are not currently taking new referrals.
- Exercise and physical activity: most of our exercise groups are currently suspended. Those that are meeting have reduced numbers to allow for social distancing along with all other covid-secure measures.
- Help at Home: we are operating as normal and we are accepting new clients. Call 01743 233 788 for more information.
- IT training: our Tech Taster sessions are currently suspended.
- Social activities: all our social groups are currently suspended.
- Visiting and befriending: our telephone buddy service is operating as normal and we are accepting new clients. Call 01743 233 123 for more information. All befriending visits have temporarily been replaced by telephone buddy calls.
Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin takes the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers very seriously and we always work hard to ensure that everyone remains safe and well. We are carefully following NHS and Government guidelines on how best to respond to the outbreak.