Published on 01 June 2020 10:30 AM
Information about Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin’s services and the steps we are taking to support local older people during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please be aware that due to the current coronavirus pandemic, Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin have had to postpone or suspend some of our services. We apologise for any inconvenience or distress that this may be causing.
While our buildings may be closed and our resources may be stretched we are still here to help. Currently the availbility of our services is as follows:
- Information and advice: all our offices are closed to visitiors, but if you call 01743 233 123 and leave a message with your name and telephone number, a member of our team will contact you as soon as they are able. Alternatively, you can email your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community navigation: our community navigation staff are still working with their relevant GP practices.
- Day centres: we are contacting existing members regularly by telephone. We are not currently taking new referrals.
- Dementia support: we are contacting existing members regularly by telephone. We are not currently taking new referrals.
- Emergency shopping: we are accepting new referrals, but only for clients who have no alternative options. For more information, or to make a referral, email email@example.com
- Exercise and physical activity: all our exercise groups are currently suspended.
- Help at Home: we are operating as normal and we are accepting new clients. Call 01743 233 788 for more information.
- IT training: our Tech Taster sessions are currently suspended.
- Social activities: all our social groups are currently suspended.
- Visiting and befriending: our telephone buddy service is operating as normal and we are accepting new clients. Call 01743 233 123 for more information. All befriending visits have temporarily been replaced by telephone buddy calls.
Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin takes the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers very seriously and we always work hard to ensure that everyone remains safe and well. We are carefully following NHS and Government guidelines on how best to respond to the outbreak.
We are supporting worried and isolated older people during the coronavirus outbreak. Please donate to our emergency fundraising appeal to help those most in need and keep our vital services operating.