Published on 07 June 2021 10:00 AM
Information about Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin’s services and the steps we are taking to support local older people during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please be aware that due to the current coronavirus pandemic, Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin have had to postpone or suspend some of our services. We apologise for any inconvenience or distress that this may be causing.
While our buildings may be closed and our resources may be stretched we are still here to help. Currently the availability of our services is as follows:
- Information and advice: our Telford and Ludlow offices are closed to visitors, but information and advice is available by telephone: call us on 01743 233 123 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Shrewsbury office is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10.00am-1.00pm for pre-booked appoinments to deal with advocacy matters only.
- Charity shop: our furniture charity shop in Wellington is open, with COVID-19 safety precautions in place.
- Community navigation: our community navigation staff are still working with their relevant GP practices.
- Day centres: we are contacting existing members regularly by telephone. We are not currently taking new referrals.
- Dementia support: we are contacting existing members regularly by telephone. We are not currently taking new referrals.
- Exercise and physical activity: activities are restarting gradually, with limited numbers and additional COVID-19 safety precautions in place.
- Help at Home: we are operating as normal and we are accepting new clients. Call 01743 233 788 for more information.
- Social activities: all our social groups are currently suspended.
- Visiting and befriending: our telephone buddy service is operating as normal and we are accepting new clients. Call 01743 233 123 for more information. All befriending visits have temporarily been replaced by telephone buddy calls.
Age UK Shropshire Telford & Wrekin takes the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers very seriously and we always work hard to ensure that everyone remains safe and well. We are carefully following NHS and Government guidelines on how best to respond to the outbreak.