As a Money Matters volunteer with Age UK Sutton, you will:
- Assist with delivery of practical advice workshops for older people in the community and act as a learning champion
- Assist older people by offering practical money management and income maximisation advice as agreed by the Money Matters Manager
- Interview clients in person (in the clients home of in the office), by telephone and at workshops
- Explore the nature of the problem or issue raised by the client and discuss with the client possible options to enable them to identify a suitable solution
- Undertake a range of admin tasks associated with the role
Is it for me?
A keen listener, with good communication skills would do well in this role. There's a lot to learn at first, so a willingness to attend training sessions, assimilate information and keep up to date on new developments is important. Each client is different, so an open and flexible frame of mind will be your friend, and some quick thinking can't hurt! You're right at the front of the house, dealing directly with clients so 'people skills' are a must.
Visit us to pick up an application