COVID 19 Update
We have now restarted supporting clients indoors and outside. We do weekly risk assessments to check it is safe before visits and our care workers wear mask to protect clients and themselves. It has been going well and clients are pleased to see their volunteer and care worker again and carers are thoroughly enjoying a break.
Are you looking for respite care?
There are many carers in York who look after loved ones. Age UK York is able to offer a range of options to enable carers to have a break knowing that their loved ones are in safe hands. Our care organisers will visit your home and give advice on what type of care is available and then match you with a suitable volunteer or care worker. There is a charge for both schemes.
Volunteer respite care scheme
We have many volunteers who are able to provide regular assistance. Our volunteers can:
- Offer a sit in service to enable carers to have a break
- Take someone out for a walk or bus journey
Care Worker scheme
We employ several care workers who can provide an extra level of care to people. Our care workers can:
- Accompany older people with dementia on activities away from their own home.
- Help with personal care
- Help with simple moving and handling tasks.
Our scheme has been rated as GOOD in all areas by the Care Quality Commission.
|Volunteer Worker||£7 per hour|
|Support Worker||£10 per hour*|
|Pop Ins||£7 per hour|
* This includes 14 miles of travel. We do charge 45p per mile for extra travel over this amount.
Contact us: 01904 634061 (9.30am - 3pm Mon to Friday)
Or go to our contact form.