We have office based roles in either the centre of York in our Walmgate offices or out of York in our Haxby office. We also have shop roles as well as many roles in the community supporting older people in their homes, in our day clubs and in the community.
Care Worker (Bridge the Gap )
Service: Bridge the Gap
Location: York and the surrounding area. Entering customers’ homes.
Responsible to: Bridge the Gap Manager
Hours: varying hours are available for part time up to 30 hours a week. Shift patterns are mornings 7.30am-1.30pm and evenings 4pm-10pm and includes alternate weekends.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Care Workers for Bridge the Gap provide support to people in their own homes. Full training is provided.
- providing personal care
- assistance with dressing and undressing
- assisting into and out of bed
- changing pads, stoma care, change ted stockings
- preparation and serving of meals
- washing up
- general tidying up
- small amounts of shopping (eg bread, milk)
- Report any issues which may have arisen with regard to Health and Safety
Contact Mel Potts on 01904 866070 during working hours for more details or contact us via the website and we can get back to you.
Service: Feather Duster Cleaning Service
Location: client's homes in York and the surrounding area.
Responsible to: Manager of Feather Duster Cleaning
Hours: Varying hours with some flexibility. Service hours are Monday- Friday 9am -5pm.
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Home Helpers provide a reliable and efficient service to people in their own homes, providing a range of domestic tasks to help them to maintain a clean home.
- Visit customers in their own homes
- Carry out specific tasks (which have been agreed with the customer on the first visit) whilst allowing for flexibility
- To ensure all visits are on specified times and days agreed
- To treat all information relating to the customer as strictly confidential
- To contact the office immediately if the customers’ circumstances change
- To contact the office immediately if a visit is unable to be made for any reason in order that alternative arrangements can be made for the customer
Contact Jo Adams on 01904 866142 during working hours for more details or contact us via the website and we can get back to you.
Male Care Worker (Carer Respite Service)
Service: Carer Respite Service
Location: York and the surrounding area. Entering service users home.
Responsible to: Care Organiser
Hours: Part time with possibility of extra hours (8 hours/ 0.2FTE). Care Workers will be required to work flexibly to meet business need. Visits will be arranged between the times of 9am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Salary: £3627.52 per annum (£8.72 ph)
The Carer’s Respite Service provides short breaks for carers of older people, by volunteers and a number of paid Care Workers. Age UK York has been providing carer respite services through 'In Safe Hands' since 1981. This services gives carers a break during the day, evening or weekend and we employ support workers to provide this if there availability allows for it.
Care Workers will visit the service user and stay with the person who needs care between 1-5 hours to give their carer a break. Depending on the needs of the client the Care Worker could also accompany the older person out of the home for an outing to a local cafe or for walk.
Some of our roles require male or female employees only to suit the service user, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Accompany an older person, sometimes with confusion or dementia, on outings away from their home in a prearranged arrangement with Care Oganisers and the service users Carer.
- Sit with the cared for person where there are complex needs, to give carers a break and if the support worker has availability to provide for this.
- Assist with simple practical tasks e.g preparing drinks, snacks partaking in craft activities.
- Give personal care such as help with mobility, through the use of a wheelchair, toileting if required (training will be provided).
Contact Shani Ashley on 01904 627995 during working hours for more details or contact us via the website and we can get back to you.
If you are interested in applying for any of our jobs, then please complete the form below and send it to us.