The Warm Homes Healthy People partners provide free independent energy advice for those living in the Bradford District area. The main aims are to save you money and keep you warm. We install small energy efficiency measures and offer support and advice on energy bills. We also provide emergency support and help you with debt and benefits checks.
Staying warm and comfortable in your home is important. Many factors affect how cold a home is and this poses risks in terms of associated health problems. They include:
- How well your home is insulated
- How efficient your heating system is
- How much you can afford to heat your home
- Your susceptibility to illness.
As part of the Warm Homes Healthy People partnership Age UK Bradford District supplies those eligible with:
a heater (for those without any heating)
a warm pack (gloves, hat, socks, blanket and a hot water bottle)
help with the cost of boiler repairs.
If you know of anyone who is housebound and living alone, get in touch and our partner Hale can check on them during the colder months.
Warm Homes Healthy People can also help with:
- Emergency food parcels and bedding
- Home energy efficiency checks
- Energy supplier comparisons and issues
- Benefit checks
To make a referral for anyone who meets the eligibility criteria detailed below or to find out more call us on: 01274 391190
Or make a referral online at www.groundwork.org.uk/projects/warm-homes-healthy-people/
Eligibility for this service
To qualify for the Warm Homes Healthy People service you must live in the Bradford District council area and be able to meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria detailed below:
- Household member(s) aged over 75
- Household member(s) aged over 65 and living alone
- Household income below £16,190
- Household member(s) with Long term health condition
- Household member(s) with a mental health condition
- Household member(s) living with dementia
- Household member(s) with a learning disability
- Children under 5 in the household
- Pregnant household member
- Asylum seker or refugee
- In receipt of benefits
- Accommodation in disrepair / not adequately heated
- Experiencing/Fleeing domestic abuse.
The Warm Homes Healthy People service is available completely FREE of charge subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
To make a referral or find out more, please call us on:
Or make a referral online at