We're an independent local charity working in the community to support older people, their families and carers. We want everyone to be able to love later life.
Who we are
Age UK Bristol works to improve the lives of older people in Bristol through a range of different services.
The charity covers the City and County of Bristol, one of the largest cities in Britain and the largest conurbation in the South West. The unitary local authority has no rural areas within its boundaries.
We were formed in 1994 by a small dedicated group of Trustees and our premises in Redcliffe Parade were small. We soon grew out of those and moved into our current premises at Canningford House, Victoria Street (near Bristol Bridge) in 1996.
Age UK Bristol is an independent local charity, federated to Age UK (as a local partner) working together with and for older people locally, regionally and nationally. All brand partners work to a quality assurance system which ensures quality in all we do with and for older people. Age UK, as the national member, supports and works with local Age UKs, as well as providing leadership in areas like campaigning and policy.
We started with only a few staff and volunteers and have grown to over 25 staff and over 60 volunteers. Our volunteers are amazing individuals of all ages and skills who give their time free to help others. We could not run our services without their dedication and hard work.
Age UK Bristol is committed to promoting equality and diversity and promoting a culture that actively values difference and recognises that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to the workplace and enhance the way we work.
We want Bristol to be a city where everyone in later life:
• Has enough money
• Enjoys life and feels well
• Receives high-quality health and care
• Feels comfortable, safe and secure at home
• Participates in their local community
To improve the quality of later life in Bristol, by:
• Providing top-quality services and support to all older people
• Being a leader for other organisations working with older people
• Campaigning for public spending and policies that benefit older people
• Promoting positive attitudes to ageing across the city
In everything we do, we are:
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Supportive and caring
• Positive and empowering
The overall aim of Age UK Bristol is to improve the lives of older people in Bristol. Our organisational objectives are to:
• Provide top-quality services and support to all older people in Bristol
• Lead and enable collaboration between other organisations working with older people in Bristol
• Influence local public spending and policies in a way that benefits older people
• Promote positive attitudes to ageing in the city.
Where you can find us
Our full address is:
Age UK Bristol
38 Victoria Street
See our contact us page for more information on how to get in touch.