We're an independent local charity working in the community to support older people, their families and carers. We want everyone to be able to love later life.
Who we are
Age UK Bristol works to improve the lives of older people in Bristol through a range of different services.
The charity covers the City and County of Bristol, one of the largest cities in Britain and the largest conurbation in the South West. The unitary local authority has no rural areas within its boundaries.
We were formed in 1994 by a small dedicated group of Trustees and our premises in Redcliffe Parade were small. We soon grew out of those and moved into our current premises at Canningford House, Victoria Street (near Bristol Bridge) in 1996.
Age UK Bristol is an independent local charity, federated to Age UK (as a local partner) working together with and for older people locally, regionally and nationally. All brand partners work to a quality assurance system which ensures quality in all we do with and for older people. Age UK, as the national member, supports and works with local Age UKs, as well as providing leadership in areas like campaigning and policy.
We started with only a few staff and volunteers and have grown to over 25 staff and over 60 volunteers. Our volunteers are amazing individuals of all ages and skills who give their time free to help others. We could not run our services without their dedication and hard work.
All of the work we do at Age UK Bristol aims to meet our strategic aims and objectives:
- To provide, commission or support others to deliver a range of quality services and initiatives that address those issues which are important to older people in Bristol.
- To reduce isolation and promote an independent lifestyle for older people in Bristol.
- To promote a positive view of the contribution that older people make to society.
- To help older people in Bristol to remain living in their own homes for as long as they wish to do so.
- To campaign to improve services locally.
- To ensure that Age UK Bristol is financially strong and well run.
- For further information about Age UK Bristol's achievements over the last year, please look through our Annual Review.
Where you can find us
Our full address is:
Age UK Bristol
38 Victoria Street
See our contact us page for more information on how to get in touch.
How we are funded
Age UK Bristol is a local and independent charity committed to working with and for older people in Bristol. We rely heavily on donations and legacies from members of the public, without which it would be impossible to continue the vital work we do. This support is invaluable and helps us change the lives of older people in Bristol.
Age UK Bristol generates funds for its work through charitable grants, donations, legacies and statutory bodies service level agreements.
Would you like to know more about how you can donate to Age UK Bristol?
Find out more about donating here.