We are an independent Bristol based charity which relies heavily on the goodwill of local people through volunteering and donations to continue our work.
Volunteering helps you to maintain an active and fulfilling life and can also provide valuable experience for your job search and personal and career development. Volunteering with Age UK Bristol will give you an opportunity to:
- Make a positive difference to the lives of older people. We offer a range of different support services and will help you to find the most suitable one for you.
- Help our service users, our staff and volunteer teams, and our Trustees to benefit from your knowledge and experience.
- Increase your knowledge and develop new skills
- Make new friends and be a valued part of our staff and volunteer team
- Get a sense of personal achievement
We will offer you:
- Training and support
- Travel expenses
- A friendly atmosphere where you will work in a small team
Who can volunteer?
We are always looking for people of all ages and backgrounds to help us run our services.
Our volunteers offer from just a few hours per week to one or two whole days depending on the service. Currently most of our volunteering activities take place during normal working hours.
We have 2 vacancies for admin volunteers. For further details about these roles please see the role description below. If you are interested in applying please complete and return the application form either by e-mail or post
We also have vacancies for volunteers with our Active Together Project to support people living with dementia, which you can find out more about by clicking here.
For more information about volunteering with Age UK Bristol please email email@example.com or call our volunteering enquiries line on 0117 440 4303.