We are looking for FAB Cafe Hosts
Published on 01 October 2019 03:40 PM
At Age UK Bristol we help make sure that everyone in Bristol can love later life. We do this by supporting and empowering older people, helping other organisations to work together, and championing the interests of older people in the city
Friends Ageing Better is a community of older people share what is happening in the city while building relationships with like-minded people who live locally and benefit from discounts from local businesses and venues. You can find out more about FAB here.
We are recruiting friendly hosts to support our regular catch-up cafés in their local area. Catch-up cafés run regularly across Bristol, the hosts can go to one of our existing cafés or work with the FAB team to start one in their local community. We currently run cafes in Withywood, Horfield Lawrence Weston, Henleaze, Horfield Common and Lawrence Hill, but we are looking to expand this project to other areas of Bristol. We can provide transportation to attend the sessions.
This is a varied role and can involve:
- Welcoming new older people joining the catch-up café
- Promoting your local catch-up café in your area
- Keeping sign-up sheets for attendees at cafes
- Promoting FAB membership card scheme
- Providing information about events and activities happening in the local area with the support of the FAB team
- Adhering to all Age UK Bristol policies and procedures, such as Confidentiality, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- Attending training sessions and volunteer meetings as appropriate.
The hours for this role are flexible, depending on the volunteer's availability. A minimum of 2 hours is required.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Silvia Jimenez Cruz on 0117 440 4301 or email email@example.com.