Friends Ageing Better – FAB Café Host (Volunteer)
At Age UK Bristol we help make sure that everyone in Bristol can love later life. We do this by supporting and empowering older people, helping other organisations to work together, and championing the interests of older people in the city.
Our organisational objectives are to:
- Provide top-quality services and support to all older people in Bristol.
- Lead and enable collaboration between other organisations working with older people in Bristol
- Influence public spending and policies in a way that benefits older people in the city
- Promote positive attitudes to ageing in Bristol
We do this by:
- Providing quality information
- Delivering quality services
- Involving older people
- Giving older people a voice
- Working in partnership
- Maintaining an effective organisation
Volunteers are important and valued members of the team at Age UK Bristol. We will do our best to make your volunteer experience enjoyable and rewarding.
What is Friends Ageing Better?
Friends Ageing Better (FAB) is a community of older people share what is happening in the city while building relationships with like-minded people who live locally and enjoy special events and discounts.
FAB runs FAB Cafes which are informal regular meet-ups for members, as well as other events and regular activities happening across Bristol, from Southmead to Southville and from Redfield to Redland.
Purpose of the FAB Cafe Volunteer
FAB is recruiting volunteers to host a weekly catch-up café various locations across Bristol.
This is a varied role and can involve:
- Welcoming people to the café and creating a friendly group
- Making sure Covid guidance is followed
- Providing information about events and activities happening in the local area with the support of the FAB team
- Following Age UK Bristol policies and procedures, such as Confidentiality, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- Attending training sessions and volunteer meetings as appropriate.
The qualities and skills required for this role are:
- Welcoming and friendly disposition
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- IT literacy is not essential but desirable
- An understanding of the needs of older people
The cafes run for 2 hours weekly. The times depend on which location you choose to be based at.
We offer induction training and other relevant training opportunities to enable you to fulfil this volunteer role.
Various locations across Bristol
Age UK Bristol will pay reasonable travel expenses. We will cover your expenditure at the café within reason (not applicable to alcoholic drinks).
For further information, please contact;
Silvia Jimenez Cruz – FAB Co-ordinator
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 0117 440 43 01