Location: Moorgate Ormskirk.
Salary: £24,150pa FTE
Hours: 2 Posts of 24.5hrs per week
The working pattern is an 8-hour shift, including an hour’s unpaid break, between the times of 9am-7pm, 3 days one week and 4 days in the 2nd week. The successful candidate will work alongside other coordinators. The working rota includes weekend work, currently 1 in 3 weekends and some Bank Holidays (double time paid for BH’s)
There will be opportunities to work additional hours to cover for sickness and holidays if desired.
“Are you looking for a role that is varied and challenging, where you have the potential to improve the lives of vulnerable people in Lancashire?”
If so, we now have the role for you! We are recruiting a Hospital Aftercare Service Coordinator who will be based at our office in Ormskirk with travel to other offices including Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals. Mileage will be paid.
Nobody wants to stay in hospital for longer than they need to and the current pressure on the NHS to discharge patients as soon as they are medically fit is considerable. Our service supports hospital discharges across the Lancashire area for anyone over 18 years old or who may have suffered a period of illness that has affected their independence. In providing this service, we can:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital, help them settle in and make them feel safe.
- Provide continued support to clients for up to six weeks to help them retain or regain their independence.
We work closely with health and social care professionals and a range of other agencies to encourage clients to access services that will improve their outcomes.
The successful applicant should have:
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people.
- An ability to provide a person-centred approach, always promoting independence.
- The ability to work well within a team and able to use their own initiative.
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people.
- Able to manage a busy workload, keeping accurate records and assessments.
- A full driving licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car for use in your role.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. If you are passionate about making a difference and have empathy towards others, then we would love to hear from you. On your application form, tell us about your relevant skills, experience, attributes, and abilities.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
- Full training and comprehensive induction while being paid.
- Access to Employee assistance programme.
- Pension scheme. Paid annual leave. Travel expenses.
- Staff discount card for hundreds of Highstreet shops and online services.
- Travel expenses will be paid for all journeys required for work, excluding travel from home to base.
- Hospital metered parking will also be paid for costs incurred carrying out your role.
DBS: This post is eligible for an enhanced DBS check and all the associated costs will be met by the employee.
Please follow the links below for more information and an application form.
Please send completed applications or your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality & Diversity-Age UK Lancashire are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Please complete the attached form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.
Please complete the form below to allow us to monitor applicant and staff diversity