We offer short to medium term support to adults (18+), both in hospital and at home after an illness, bereavement or loss of confidence.
Age UK Lancashire has teams specifically trained to help and support you.
In Hospital, our team can:
- Assess whether we can transport you home and help you settle in
- Discuss with you what help you might need at home
In your home, our support workers can:
- Assist with shopping, light cleaning and preparing light meals.
- Provide emotional support and companionship
- Help you to gain access to any other support and services
- Provide information and advice
We aim to improve a person’s health and wellbeing by supporting adults to recover and regain their normal independence. We will identify and help overcome situations that could cause a further Hospital admission. Time limited support is offered to assist you to regain your independence.
Living in East, North and Central Lancashire
Registered with a GP within these Districts
7 day Service Inclusive of weekends & Bank Holidays.
Telephone – Age UK Lancashire 0300 303 1234
Burnley: 01282 436414
Blackburn: 01254 734526
Blackpool: 01253 955282
Lancaster: 01524 387832
Preston, South Ribble and Chorley: 01257 444402
West Lancashire: 01695 586505
East District: Royal Blackburn Hospital & Burnley General Hospital.
North District: Royal Lancaster Hospital & Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
Central District: Royal Preston Hospital, Chorley and South Ribble Hospital, Southport and Formby District General Hospital & Ormskirk and District General Hospital