Help at Home Community Support Service
- Location: The William and Patricia Venton Centre
- Price: £17.00
Help at Home services are £17 per hour. This includes shopping and errands and a mileage charge of 45p per mile will be applied if the help at home assistant went out on your behalf. Social outings are £22 per hour and can include a 10 mile journey with transport provided.
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Plymouth - Head Office's catchment area.
Help at Home Community Support Service offers a high-quality, flexible service to people aged 50+ living in and around the City of Plymouth.
This service can help to enhance and enrich the lives of older people by offering a high-quality and flexible service tailored to suit individual needs and aspirations. Our Help at Home service supports older people and their families to alleviate stress, anxiety and loneliness.
Our fully trained and experienced teams deliver a safe and caring service with an emphasis on promoting independence, social engagement, good health and wellbeing. We are here to listen to your needs, provide solutions and work together with you to support your future.
You could be entitiled to funding to help you access these services if you are concerned that cost may be a barrier. Our Infomation and Advice Team are able to provide free, independent and confidential advice.
About the service
Our friendly Help at Home team can support you with a variety of tasks to support your independence.
- Domestic tasks, including polishing, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, dishes, ironing, washing and drying laundry, cleaning work surfaces etc
- Local shopping, either shopping on your behalf, assisting you in a trip to the shops or helping you order your shopping online
- Reading and helping with correspondence, bills and managing appointments
- Basic meal preparation
- Accompanying you on social outings, visiting friends and family or taking a trip out and about
- Companionship, a familiar face and a casual chat in the comfort of your own home
- Sitting service, to support carers in having a well-earned break and the opportunity for a few hours respite
- Support in attending appointments
Our teams have received the following training:
PPE | Covid-19 | GDPR | Equality & Diversity | Moving & Handling | Lone Working | COSHH | Food Hygiene | Health & Safety | First Aid | Mental Capacity | Fire Safety Awareness | Safeguarding | Working at Heights
Please note these services are available in locations from PL1 -PL9.