Hospital Discharge Service
- Location: The William and Patricia Venton Centre
- Price: Free
Our Discharge Service exists solely to support the journey to independence by offering a high-quality, flexible and free short term service tailored to suit individual needs and aspirations. Our fully trained and experienced teams deliver a safe and caring service with an emphasis on promoting independence, social engagement, good health and wellbeing.
We understand not only the impact to physical and mental health but also the disruption a long term hospital stay can cause to your life and home. To alleviate stress and anxiety for clients and their families, discharge packages are individually tailored to include a wide variety of support.
How can we help?
Our friendly team of Rapid Responders can support you with a variety of tasks to increase your independence. Each package is tailored around your needs when you leave hospital and can incorporate a wide range of services including:
- Domestic support including cleaning, bed changing, laundry and shopping
- Help with correspondence and admin support
- Rebuilding confidence with small, accompanied walks and trips to cafes and shops
- Support in attending appointments and collecting prescriptions
- A benefits check to ensure all entitlements are being claimed
- Companionship, befriending and respite support for carers
- Gardening and basic property care
- Indoor and outdoor maintenance
- Help preparing basic meals, light cooking and meal planning