Age UK Solihull has three regular clubs for people over the age of 65. The clubs are a chance to meet a new group of local people and get to know the friendly and supportive volunteers.
Our clubs are for people who:
- are over 65;
- pay their council tax to Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council;
- live alone in their own home; AND
- have no local family or other support.
Please see full details of who we prioritise for support here.
There are currently waiting lists for our three clubs due to high demand. We are working hard to reduce waiting times as soon as possible. Please see below for information about Welcome Wednesdays which has plenty of space, and also see our list of other clubs in Solihull that might have immediate places.
Welcome Wednesdays is a monthly get together that offers the chance meet new people, enjoy a hot drink and a slice of cake, and help raise funds for Age UK Solihull. Everyone is welcome, including carers, older people, and anyone who wants to break up the week and enjoy some company.
The club takes place on the last Wednesday of every month from 2.00-3.30pm at Eastcote Park Care Home and Retirement Village. We ask for a suggested donation of £3 per person to attend.
Age UK Solihull weekly clubs
The Marston Green Tavern Lunch Club
- Every Tuesday
- 12:00 noon to 3:45pm
- Marston Green Tavern, Station Road, Marston Green, Birmingham, B37 7AS
- A hot meal, live singers, and wonderful company
- Total cost - £8.50 (includes lunch and hot drinks, and a raffle)
The Wednesday Afternoon Club
- Every Wednesday
- 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Moseley Cricket Club, Streetsbrook Rd, Shirley, Solihull B90 3PE
- Hot drinks, cake, activities and wonderful company
- Total cost - £3
- Transport available to and from this club for an additional cost, but waiting list may apply.
The Thursday Friends Lunch Club
- Every Thursday
- 12:00pm to 2:30pm
- The Red Lion Pub, 1672 High St, Knowle, Solihull, B93 0LY
- Hot meal, activities and a wonderful company
- Total cost - £7 (includes lunch, hot drinks, as well as a raffle and bingo)
Our club members say...
“The Lunch Club is very important to me as before I was always stuck inside all of the time with no friends to contact and it was a struggle to meet up with them. Now I have met this wonderful group of people who have become my good friends. I look forward to meeting them every Tuesday and I have been given a chance to really enjoy myself every week. Volunteers and organisers here are lovely and the entertainment really is wonderful.”
“Organisations and groups like this are so important to us within the community. Everyone is always welcomed and the people here are great. We get to enjoy the great entertainment and it’s so lovely to meet new faces all of the time."
Other Local Clubs
Download our Clubs List to see other clubs in the Solihull area.