Age UK Solihull has a well established range of services that have been developed over 30 years of experience in meeting the needs of older and vulnerable people in Solihull. These services are constantly under review to ensure that they are fully effective and efficient in their delivery, and consistent with the requirements of our funders, and most of all, meet the needs of local people and their families and carers.
Current Service Status
Please be aware that due to the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve had to postpone or suspend some of our services. We apologise for any inconvenience or distress that this may be causing, and we hope to restart some of our face-to-face services over the coming months Please keep checking our website for updates.
While our services are running differently and our resources may be stretched, we are still here to help and we continue to:
- Offer information and advice aiming to be a reliable, easy-to-understand source of advice for all older people, their friends, family and carers. Telephone 0121 704 7840 for this service.
- Offer telephone befriending and welfare calls to older people who live on their own or might be particularly vulnerable. Telephone 0121 704 7846 for information about this service.
- Provide a stringently risk assessed Home Support service. Call 0121 704 7848 for information.
- Run virtual PSI (gentle exercise) classes through booklets, videos and weekly phone calls. Telephone 0121 704 7845 for information.
- Work with older people who are struggling to go shopping for themselves on an individual basis. Call 0121 704 7840 if you or an older person you know needs support.
Please see the Coronavirus Update on our homepage to read the most recent update on how our services have adapted to meet the needs of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Alternatively please contact us on 0121 704 7840 to find out how we can help.
Age UK Solihull takes the health and well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers very seriously and we always work hard to ensure that everyone remains safe and well. We are carefully following NHS and Government guidelines on how best to respond to the outbreak.
Our Services (some currently suspended - please see above)
Need information and advice? Come to our Community Advice Hubs based in Solihull and Chelmsley Wood Libraries. The Hubs deliver our Older People's Information & Advice service, but they can also help any Solihull resident aged 18+ and their carers.
For all services, please contact the Community Advice Hubs:
Telephone: 0121 709 7590