Direct Payments Support Service
- Location: Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Solihull - Head Office's catchment area.
Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
Direct Payments are payments made directly to individuals who request to receive one to meet some or all of their eligible care and support needs. Carers may also be eligible for direct payments. A direct payment is not a benefit and does not affect any benefits that you receive.
- More choice and control of your care package
- You can choose who works for you, whether that’s a Personal Assistant that you employ or a care agency, or a mixture of providers that suit your individual needs
- You can arrange times with them to suit you
- You have more say in what tasks they do
- It's more flexible as you can move your hours if necessary
- You can pick and choose services which best suit your needs
- The Direct Payments Team are here to help you to understand how a personal budget works, recruit Personal Assistants and support you in your role as an employer. We can also help you to find a suitable Care Agency.
The Age UK Solihull Direct Payments Information Pack explains in a simple format how Direct Payments work.
If you are disabled, care for someone else, or would like more information, you can visit Solihull Council's Direct Payments page below:
Follow our Direct Payments Facebook page to find out about the latest job vacancies.