If you are a health/social care professional or from a community or voluntary support team, you can refer a client to us here.
Make a Referral to Age UK Surrey
Individuals can access our services directly, or you can use our referral form on their behalf.
Helping you help others
We are a local, independent charity and our goal is to help everyone aged 50+ make the most of later life and be independent, well-informed, healthy and active. We are dedicated to providing one to one support and social group activities to help older people through the changes and challenges of later life.
If you care for patients or clients as a health/social care professional or you work in adult social care or community services as a social prescriber or link worker then it is likely we are able to provide support for your clients aged 50+. Find out more about how we can help your client please see below or download our Guide to Services.
If your patient or client could benefit from our services, please use our referral form. We will contact you before we contact your patient or client.
You are very welcome to call us about our services and how we can support your client on 01483 503414.
Information and Advice
Our experienced Information and Advice team can provide information, advice and support to enable anyone over 50 to maximise their income and maintain independence; and if we can’t help we are able to signpost your client to someone who can. The service is free, confidential and impartial.
Help at Home
Whether your client needs someone to do light housework, laundry, go to the shops, tidy their garden or just have a chat with for companionship, our Help at Home service can make life easier at an affordable cost.
Download a PDF leaflet: Do you need Help at Home?
Our volunteer befrienders can offer support and companionship through weekly home visits or outings in Guildford, Waverley, Runnymede and Spelthorne through our Making Connections service.
Download a PDF leafet: Making Connections - Enjoy a new lease of life
We run social activities across Surrey for anyone over 50 who is looking to meet other people or take part in an activity. These include:
- Café Culture – weekly get-togethers at town centre locations in Farnham, Cranleigh and Staines.
- Tea and Chat – fortnightly or monthly sessions with refreshments, quizzes and games in Caterham, Lingfield and Oxted.
- Men in Sheds – weekly sessions for older men to socialise and practise carpentry skills at our shed in Ash.
- Computer Drop-in – If your client needs help with technology, they can visit our free one-to-one Computer Drop-in Service in Guildford. They can use one of our computers or bring their own tablet, smart phone or laptop and we will answer any questions and guide them. Examples of things we can help with include how to find information on the internet, shop securely, send and receive emails or edit and manipulate photos.
- Falls Prevention Exercise Class - in Haslemere.
- Lunch Club – in Haslemere.
- GO50 Walking – volunteer-led walks are a great way to meet people and build regular exercise into your routine. Walks are between 2-11 miles.
Download a PDF leaflet: Social Activities Calendar
During COVID-19 we are responding where required.
Here are a list of services we are providing during this period.
Keeping in Touch
We would love to keep in touch and let you know about services and activities that may be of interest to your clients. Our Professionals Enewsletter is currently in development. Please subscribe here if you would like to receive it when available.