FAB LGBTQ+ Friendly Café Host
What you can expect to gain from volunteering in this role:
- Community connection with older people.
- Ongoing support from Age UK Bristol staff.
- Induction training and further training opportunities to help you carry out the role.
- Expenses related to the role (such as travel) covered by Age UK Bristol.
- Occasional social events for Age UK Bristol volunteers.
- Appreciation for your work.
What we’re looking for in a volunteer:
- Welcoming and friendly disposition, with the ability to include people.
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to respond to people’s varied access needs (such as hearing loss) to make sure each individual can participate well.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a busy community setting.
- An understanding of the needs of older people.
- Willingness to follow Age UK Bristol’s policies, such as Confidentiality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities, and to complete any training and admin needed to perform the role.
- Availability at the following time and ability to travel to the venue:
Thursdays 10am – 12pm Neck of the Woods Café, St Werburgh’s Community Centre, BS2 9TJ
About Friends Ageing Better
Friends Ageing Better (FAB) is run by Age UK Bristol as a way to build up a community of older people across the city. FAB cafes happen across Bristol and are a great way to meet new people, build relationships, and find out what else is happening locally and beyond. FAB has a membership scheme, which allows people to benefit from discounts at local venues and businesses.
FAB Café Host Tasks:
- Welcoming older people who are new to the FAB café
- Facilitating conversation and activities in the group
- Promoting your local FAB café and the FAB membership card scheme
- Keeping sign-up sheets for attendees at cafes
- Providing information about events and activities happening in the local area with the support of the FAB team
For further information, please contact;
Silvia Jimenez Cruz – FAB Communications
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 0117 440 43 01