37.5 hours per week with upto 1 hour unpaid lunch break
|£26,500 per annum|
|The role will be hybrid partyly based at home and partly based at the Bromley Office, Community House, South Street, Bromley, BR1 1RH.|
|noon 12th August 2022|
|Week commencing 22nd August 2022|
At Age UK Bromley & Greenwich we are passionate about providing quality services to older people.
The charity is seeking to appoint a Befriending and Peer Support Lead Co-ordinator who will have operational responsibility for the Volunteer Befriending and Young Onset Dementia service for the Bromley Dementia Support Hub (BDSH). Age UK Bromley and Greenwich is a joint service provider of the BDSH, and the role will be based with Age UK Bromley and Greenwich.
- Experience of leading a group or of running workshops, with community groups or the general public
- Good people skills and experience of working with older people, community groups or vulnerable user groups
- Experience of managing staff and/or volunteers supporting services in the community or of being a volunteer
- Empathy and understanding of older people and the issues that impact their lives
- Good administrative skills, well organised with good time management
- Methodical approach and forward planning. Able to meet targets.
- Experience of working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. A creative thinker with good problem solving skills
- Good IT skills and experience using MS office software, databases and word processing applications
- Self-motivated and the ability to work on own initiative and work effectively as part of a team
- Commitment to the principles of Equal Opportunities and it’s practical implementation
Find out more detail about the role in our Information Pack with a full job description, person specification and the benefits of working with us
If you have any questions please email or phone us on 020 8315 1850.
Please note we do not accept CV applications. No Agencies, thank you.
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich is the trading name for Age Concern Bromley, registered Charity No. 1060861