Tips: Managing a COVID19 infection
Published on 10 January 2021 04:01 PM
Information from a Chest Consultant who works locally in the NHS.
Coronavirus is spreading very fast and all the hospitals are struggling with large numbers of sick patients. Please stay at home and take all the precautions.
If you, unfortunately, get infected, please do the following:
1. Do deep breathing exercise for 5 minutes every hour
2. Take steam inhalation twice a day.
3. Drink a good amount of warm water every two hours
4. Sleep on your front (tummy/ abdomen) or on the side to help your breathing ***(1)
5. Take Vitamin D daily ***(2)
6. Take Vitamin C daily
If you are not getting better and develop breathing difficulties/or troublesome cough, please contact your GP during working hours, otherwise call 111 ( out of hours GP line) or call 119 ( 24 hour Coronavirus line) If you are very unwell, please call 999 or go to the nearest hospital Emergency Department.
Please go to the hospital as currently there are many treatment choices available for this infection. Most patients do well when they go to the hospital.
Consultant Chest Physician and Acute Physician in the NHS"
More reading and articles
***(2) Does Vitamin D combat COVID?