Age UK Dacorum relies on volunteers to help us offer vital services for the local community. Would you like to lend a hand?
What does Age UK Dacorum offer volunteers?
- Awareness training in how to support older people
- Advice and support
- Being part of a team, meeting new people and making friends
- Ongoing training
- Flexible volunteering hours
- Travel expenses
- Appreciation events and certificates
- Being part of our local community.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Meeting people and making friends
- Learning new skills and having fun
- A new direction in your career or retirement
- Gaining confidence
- Plugging experience gaps in your CV
- Doing something which will heighten your sense of wellbeing and community spirit.
Kind, caring people needed to assist older people
For full-time employees, why not ask your employer to support Employer Volunteering in work time, outside work hours, or even in your lunch break once a week?
Boxmoor Good Neighbours:
Volunteer with our Good Neighbours Scheme to provide help and support for older people living in Boxmoor.
Clubs & Friendship Teas:
Help to run activities and make refreshments.
Handy Person & DIY Jobs:
Memory Loss Support/Dementia/Carers:
Volunteer E- Newsletters
Read our Summer 2022 edition of our Volunteer's E-Newsletter. Our volunteer newsletter keeps you in the loop with any relevant updates and shines a spotlight each edition on some of our amazing volunteers!
Read our first ever Volunteer's E-Newsletter. Our volunteer newsletter keeps you in the loop with any relevant updates and shines a spotlight each edition on some of our amazing volunteers!
Long Serving Volunteers Appreciation
In celebration of Volunteers Week we are thanking long serving volunteers Mildred and Doris for their amazing dedication!
Interested in Volunteering?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer contact us on 01442 259049, email email@example.com or get in touch with us online by filling out the form.