If you spend time caring for someone and feel tired, worried, alone or frustrated and in need of some friendly, non-judgemental, practical and emotional support then Age UK Dacorum is here to help.
• Provide accurate information and guidance on a range of issues from sitting services and respite care to Adult Care Service assessments for you and the person you care for.
• Help you to secure your financial entitlements.
• Inform you about the services available to help carers and how to access them.
• Provide information about leisure and social activities.
• Provide regular emotional support phone calls.
Hemel Hempstead Carers Group (Two Beeches)
Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday 1.30pm – 3.00pm
All carers are welcome. Please let us know if you need transport.
Hemel Hempstead Carers Group (William Crook House)
William Crook House
Green End Lane
Hemel Hempstead HP1 2BH
Every other Monday 1pm – 3pm
All carers are welcome. If it is your first meeting, please call us so we know you are coming and can make you welcome. Please let us know if you need transport.
Carers at lunch celebrating our Queen's 90th birthday..
Tring and Berkhamsted Friendship Group
The Community Lounge
Off High Street
Tring HP23 5BE
First Thursday of the month 10 am – 12 noon
If you would like to make friends, please come along to our regular friendship group and enjoy coffee and a chat. The group is open to anyone who would like to attend. If it is your first meeting, please call us so we know you’re coming and can make you welcome. We would be glad to pick you up and bring you to your first meeting.
The Tring carers group, which includes members from Berkhamsted, meets on the first Thursday of the month. The group meets at 10am until 12pm. We also arrange occasional outings to the theatre, gardens or a pub lunch. Do join us.
Other information you may find useful
Memory Loss - Communication tips
How to communicate with someone with memory loss. Creating a good atmosphere.