Do you need help with DIY, repairs, and maintenance around the house? We have handypersons to help you with them.
Age UK Dacorum work in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council, local councils, voluntary organisations, Hertfordshire Police and Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue to safeguard our clients and ensure that our handypersons are friendly and trusted tradespeople.
Our handyperson scheme provides help to older people, their carers and people with disabilities within Dacorum by carrying out small repairs and DIY jobs around the home at reasonable rates.
Range of jobs we carry out:
- security work - fitting smoke alarms, installing stair handrails, grab rails, fitting phone extension to enable a "Lifeline facility" to be installed:
- minor electrical work - changing light bulbs, fitting fluorescent tube and starters.
- minor plumbing work such as changing tap washers, reseating taps.
- carpentry jobs - fitting shelves, putting up curtain rails, roller, venetian and vertical blinds.
-Installing shed roofing:
- assembling small flat pack units and wardrobes, putting up mirrors, pictures, wall mounted clocks, fitting and repairing door bells,etc.
- supplying and fitting key safes
-fixing or replacing fencing:
-Fitting insulation strips to old windows and doors
"A big Thank You from Mrs. Bates for Chris who fitted her a grab rail in her shower this morning."
Anonymous, March 2021
"I was very happy with Chris's work for me. He did a great job and was friendly, helpful, and professional.
When I have found the curtain tie backs and pictures that I need help putting up I will be asking again for an appointment!
Age UK Dacorum are offering a wonderful service here.”
Anonymous, April 2021
“You do such amazing work! Thank you very much for all your efforts and help when others said they couldn’t help”
Ann Brown, November 2021
Get in touch for a quote:
If you are interested in our Handyperson scheme and would like a quote, please call 01442 259049, email email@example.com or fill out our Get in Touch form online by visiting our Contact Us page.