Our Memory Loss Support project helps people with memory loss (with or without a diagnosis of dementia) and assists their carers in their caring role.
With the easing of lockdown restrictions, we are looking to resume our Memory Loss Home Support service in the New Year. We are currently offering telephone support and guidance. Please call 01442 259049 for more information.
What we can offer?
- help identify needs so as to promote independence and nurture confidence.
- help with the understanding of the practical and psychological impact of memory loss and dementia.
- provide emotional support - give people living with memory loss and their carers opportunities to talk freely about how they are coping, helping them come to terms with memory loss and dementia.
- check all support services needed and signpost to other appropriate sources of support where necessary
- offer suggestions for adaptations, equipment in creating the right environment for living safely in the home
- check benefit entitlements
This service is run under Hertswise, a Hertfordshire-wide service designed to support people living with dementia, low level memory loss or mild cognitive impairment, with their friends, family and carers.
For more information please call us on 01442 259049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org