With the easing of lockdown restrictions, we are looking to resume our Memory Loss Home Support service in June. Please call 01442 259049 for more information.
- help identify needs so as to promote independence and nurture confidence.
- help with the understanding of the practical and psychological impact of memory loss and dementia.
- provide emotional support - give people living with memory loss and their carers opportunities to talk freely about how they are coping, helping them come to terms with memory loss and dementia.
- check all support services needed and signpost to other appropriate sources of support where necessary
- offer suggestions for adaptations, equipment in creating the right environment for living safely in the home
- check benefit entitlements
This service is run under Hertswise, a Hertfordshire-wide service designed to support people living with dementia, low level memory loss or mild cognitive impairment, with their friends, family and carers.