- help identify needs so as to promote independence and nurture confidence.
- help with the understanding of the practical and psychological impact of memory loss and dementia.
- provide emotional support - give people living with memory loss and their carers opportunities to talk freely about how their are coping helping them come to terms with memory loss and dementia.
- check all support services needed and signpost to other appropriate sources of support where necessary
- offer suggestions for adaptations, equipment in creating the right environment for living safely in the home
- check benefit entitlements
There is also group support for carers and people with memory loss. Group sessions will provide opportunities to learn about living well with memory loss. It will also provide the opportunity for people affected by memory loss to meet and socialise with others in a similar situation.