- help identify needs so as to promote independence and nurture confidence.
- help with the understanding of the practical and psychological impact of memory loss and dementia.
- provide emotional support - give people living with memory loss and their carers opportunities to talk freely about how their are coping helping them come to terms with memory loss and dementia.
- check all support services needed and signpost to other appropriate sources of support where necessary
- offer suggestions for adaptations, equipment in creating the right environment for living safely in the home
- check benefit entitlements
Memory Support Care Groups
Our Memory Support Care Groups offer support to people with memory loss and their carers. Group sessions will provide opportunities to learn about living well with memory loss / dementia. It will also be an opportunity for people affected by memory loss to meet and socialise with others who are in a similar situation.
Tring Community Centre,
Silk Mill Way,
Tring, HP23 5EP
2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month (1pm - 3pm)
Phyllis Courtnage House,
Thursdays (1.30pm – 3.30pm)