Immerse yourself in the beautiful sights and sounds of nature to help you relax.
This video has been filmed and produced by local filmmaker Mark Minard as part of his Moving Essence project.
De-stress and feel calm by taking part in Jill's Mindfulness exercise!
- Set yourself a reading challenge – select books you have been meaning to read, new authors, download onto tablet or as audiobooks if you don’t have them waiting for you to get around to at home. There are lots of free sites online: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/libraries-and-archives/libraries/digital-library/
- Set up a virtual book club with friends.
- Practise reading poetry out loud, try to remember and recite – this is good for your memory.
Audio Book - Listen here
Feeling creative? Download our activity sheet based on Lady Sybil, at the the bottom of this page and create your own story.
COVID19 Isolation Response Appeal
Help us raise £10,000 to enable us to provide a vulnerable older person with a daily reassuring phone call to ensure they are keeping well and have everything they need
Films can be a great way to relax and forget about everything else, so why not:
- Write a list of 100 films you have been meaning to watch or search on your TV lisitngs
- Have a film night! Get the popcorn and treats in, whetehr you live alone or with family members this is a great way to relax.
- Box sets - immerse yourself into the latest box set on any of the streaming platforms. There is plenty of options and you could encourgae family or friends to watch the same ones so you can discuss them over the phone.